Abia is the only state in Nigeria that is found in the Bible! , is it a coincidence?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    admin
    Keymaster

Abia was and is called the God’s Own State for reasons beyond the coinage of acronyms and fancy aliases, no it was indeed divine and this reality was not completely hidden from them, to whom the state was handed at creation and even thereafter. It has in these times become almost obvious that that which God purposed for His eternal praise and Glory was dedicated to something less and as in Psalms 11:3-7 “if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven; his eyes see, his eyelids test the children of man. The Lord tests the righteous, but his soul hates the wicked and the one who loves violence. Let him rain coals on the wicked; fire and sulfur and a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup. For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face”.

Abia means my father is the Lord, the Greek form of Abijah, or Abijam (Matt. 1:7), instead of Abiah (1 Chr. 7:8). In Luke 1:5, the name refers to the head of the eighth of the twenty-four courses into which David divided the priests (1 Chr. 24:10). Abia is also the Father of strength; i.e., valiant, one of David’s body-guard of thirty mighty men (2 Sam. 23:31); called also Abiel (1 Chr. 11:32). Abia is Father of abundance, or my father excels, the son of Ahimelech the high priest.

He was the tenth high priest, the fourth in descent from Eli. When his father was slain with the priests of Nob, he escaped, and bearing the ephod, he joined David, who was then in the cave of Adullam (1 Sam. 22:20-23; 23:6). He remained with David, and became priest of the party of which he was the leader (1 Sam. 30:7). When David ascended the throne of Judah, Abia was appointed high priest (1 Chr.” “15:11; 1 Kings 2:26) and the king’s companion (1 Chr.27:34). Abia is Father of gathering; the gatherer, the youngest of the three sons of Korah.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.