Aba is a city in the southeast of Nigeria and the commercial center of Abia State. Upon the creation of Abia state in 1991, Aba was divided into two local government areas namely;
“Abia” is an acronym formed from the initial letters of four old zones of people, namely: A – Aba, B –Bende, I-lsuikwuato, A – Afikpo. Aba, Bende, Isuikwuato and Aba zones constituted the major groups in Abia state at its creation on 27th August, 1991, by the Federal Military Government under General lbrahim Babangida from old Imo State. However, in October, 1996, the Federal Military Government under General Sani Abacha created six more states during which exercise, four local government areas (LGAs) of Onicha, Ohaozara, Afikpo North and Afikpo South, which occupy the northeastern corner of the state, were transferred to the newly created Ebonyi State. Abia people are of the Igbo ethnic group who predominates much of the Southeastern part of Nigeria. Their traditional language is
Abians everywhere Arise,..........
- Umeh Kalu to Chinedum Orji (Ikuku): You are a mistake and an inglorious bastard
- Barr Chris Ezem: The EFCC Go Between Who Hates Abia State
- Igbo, Idoma, have origins from 12 lost tribes of Israel
- ABIA ASSEMBLY SHUT DOWN INDEFINITELY DUE TO SPEAKERS ABSENCE.
- Hon.Dr. Aham Uko and Continuous DESTRUCTION of Values